Wednesday, March 5, 2014

what price will we pay?


"YET, the LORD longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!" Isaiah 30:18

It happens, and it breaks my heart.

Unable to control their wants and desires, students "took" what they wanted from the Book Fair.  For a day they reveled in their treasures, but soon the ugly truth caught up with them.  Items wrongly taken were confiscated, and they lost the privilege to return to the Fair.  And still to come is the saddest truth of all.  On the last day of the Book Fair, students in need are treated to a free book. Their impatience cost them a wonderful blessing to come.

Is there anything you are moving forward with in life without God's direction?  Anxious to take matters in your own hands?  Tired of waiting for God to answer?  May our desires and wishes not propel us forward without God. 

Father, it happens. I want it, i get it and it breaks Your heart.  Grow in me the wisdom to seek You in all areas of my life and to patiently wait for Your guidance.  How often have i missed the treasures You have for me because i refused to wait for You?  I want to trade in my pitiful temporary fix for Your sweet divine blessings. Trip me up, slow me down, break my leg; just don't let me miss any blessings You have for me.

What God has in store for us far exceeds our expectations... every time.

have a patient-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment