Tuesday, July 31, 2018

is that a bow?

"You shall not pollute the land in which you live..." Numbers 35:33

She asked, "Why is there a bow on that leash?"

Surely she is not serious. Silence.
Oh-my! She is! Let me calmly catch my breath.
Then i responded, "It's for any presents we might drop off while on our walk."

Whether it's the heat or a house full of dogs, the exchange above brought laughter to my heart.  And when the giggles settled, i couldn't help but also see a lesson or two in it.  This summer God has shown me, if my mind is open to Him, He speaks continuously about issues surrounding me.

I am so grateful God created such a beautiful earth for our existence. But the abuse and neglect of the lands and seas are heartbreaking. What better present to offer Him in thanks for His creation than to care, clean and tend to what He lovingly provided for us.  And in light of the golden rule, shouldn't good stewardship extend to our neighbors by treating them (and their property) as we would like to be treated?

Give thanks, and may you have a bow-tiful day!

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment