Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Words to Live by... barter

"Give, and it wil be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38 (NIV)

The "Word to Live By" this week is BARTER. My friend Mary just solved our pet problem of not being able to travel this summer by asking me to look after her dogs while she's gone.  
"Sure," I said. "Why don't we barter?  I'll take care of yours and when we need to go somewhere, you can take care of ours."  
Problem solved. Pets content. Minds at ease. Money saved. 
Bartering is a wonderful exchange system. Of course, the greatest bartering of all took place when God exchanged a clean start for my sin-wrecked heart for the blood of His Son Jesus. How can I ever thank Him for such a Gift?  The best way I know is to share Him with others so they, too, make make the barter of a lifetime.

Have a wonderful week of exchanges, giving and receiving that which you treasure.

Blessings,

Dalene Parker, guest blogger
Words to Live By:  One Word a Week (pages 247-252)

No comments:

Post a Comment