Monday, July 2, 2018

Words to Live By... clean

"For God is not a god of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people."  1 Cor. 14:33

I love God's sense of humor and His timing!  After four diligent days in the "dungeon" (our basement) sorting, organizing, and purging the last 20+ years of my teacher "stuff," I emerged to write this blog, not realizing until now that the "word of the week" is CLEAN!  In addition, today marks the first official day of my retirement from full-time teaching, so that's even more of a reason to CLEAN out the old and make room for the new.  Speaking of new, our puppy "Marshmallow" adds an extra opportunity for working the word CLEAN into my life and our home.  She keeps me moving trying to pick up (or prevent) her messes.
For those of you for whom CLEAN is your norm, I salute you.  But if you're like me and usually CLEAN only when company's coming or when disaster strikes, then activating this word provides a bit more of a challenge.

Of course, it helps to remember that God wants us to be orderly and at peace -- and CLEAN is a natural extension of orderliness, offering a sense of peace and welcome to all who enter.

As you CLEAN this week, may you experience a new level of contentment and rest. 

Blessings,

Dalene Parker, guest blogger
Words to Live By:  One Word a Week

No comments:

Post a Comment