Friday, July 17, 2020

it's just a habit

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another." John 13:34

"So, you turn your blinker on when turning out of your own driveway?"

Ms. Lee's comment caught me off guard. "Well, i never really thought about it, but i guess i do. It's just a habit."   We both got a good laugh from it.  But honestly, it's a habit that developed from a near disaster.

A few years ago when pulling into the parking lot at school to park in a space on the left side, a car quickly whizzed by me.  I barely missed landing on her bumper.  From then on whenever and wherever i turn, my signal goes on.  While overused, I'm sure my signaling habit has prevented accidents.
A new life-saving habit, i pray we all catch is wearing masks when in public. When we remember we wear it for the safety of others, it takes on a new meaning.  It says we value and respect those around us.  I don't want to lose someone i know because my discomfort meant more to me than their life. And i hope they feel the same about me. Let's be safe, kind and loving to all in our path.

May
All
Serve with
Kindness and 
Selflessness

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Phil. 2:3-4

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment