Thursday, July 9, 2020

the journey continues

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will make your paths straight.Proverbs 3:5-6

I imagine the journey most of us would pick for ourselves and the one God has carved out is radically different.  Wanting a smooth, easy journey, i'd want to avoid situations that could steer me into dead-ends, ditches or rocky side-roads. Yet, if my path is too comfortable, it could cause me to erroneously take credit for my outcome, talents, accomplishments, strengths and victories.  An over-confident, proud attitude might be the surest way to lose sight  of God or feeling a need for Him and His Might. I pray to never be so high in the clouds of self-worth that i lose my sense of dependency for God. All we are, and all we have is because of Him.  I think at times God throws twists, surprises and bumps in our path to help us remember that -- to humble us -- and to remind us how blessed we are because of His unfathomable love for us.

Father, when life is good may we thank You. And when life is unbearable, may we still thank You; it's because of You we are able to move forward each day, no matter what.  Thank You.
On good days and on hard days, God is within us doing what is necessary.  
Thank Him for both.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment