Wednesday, July 8, 2020

who's got this?

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.... all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:1-2,16

Before our journey in life even began, God knew how and when it would end. I'm not sure how this makes you feel, but for me it's comforting.  On my own, i know i'm going to make some crazy, careless, selfish decisions.  But thankfully in the end, God will have His way. 

God knows what's required for me to accomplish His will in my life.  It might take endless days of wandering in the scorching desert, being alone with a pack of junk on my back and experiencing a sense of hopelessness circling over my head like a buzzard. But those days are not forever, and they are not without a purpose. At these junctions, God is working to instill or remove something from me. In frustration i often stop and step back. Then when i remember His Word and promises to me, i am able to keep moving forward.  All the days before us are already ordained by God... He has a reason for each one.

God, not i, but "we" got this. Right?

Father, when life is good, may we thank You. And when life is unbearable, may we still thank You. It's because of You we are able to move forward each day, no matter what.  Thank You.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment