Wednesday, May 23, 2012

can you carry this?

"And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow Me cannot be My disciple." Luke 14:27

The slumped shoulders and bent knees told much... they were students with a heavy load.  At school's end, students are weighed down with supplies, materials and projects to take home. Parents aren't around to help, and each student has their own load to manage.  One might even say, a greater weight signifies a stronger student with a firm commitment to school. Some walk light footed, some struggle under the weight, but they all eventually get home. 

As a believer, what do you carry?  Can others identify you as a follower of Christ by how you act? What you say? By what your priorities or goals are in life?
 
Lord, give me the boldness to stand up for You when all around me tells me to do what makes me happy.  I want to be identified as belonging to You by the choices i make.  Give me the courage and desire to live out each day with my love for You outweighing any obstacle or force in my path.  When i get home, i want to see Your smiling face.

have a faith-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment