Wednesday, May 16, 2012

choose... stars or arrows?

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 'children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.' Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life." Philippians 2:14-16

Bouncing off the walls, tying shoes to the desk, crawling over bathroom stalls… clearly, it's the end of school. To create a manageable class, a 5-star program was devised to recognize practically perfect behavior. To set our "clients" up for success,a reward with clout was necessary... like candy.  Did it work?  Yes! Until the sweetness of the deal wore off this week.  Our 5-star classes dwindled to zero this week.  Alas, we can't afford a reward enticing enough to contain their excitement for summer. 

There is another Teacher desiring obedient students worthy of stars ...He's my Teacher and yours.  Father, Forgive me when distractions of the moment get to me, and off of You.  You constantly bless me with goodness in life... rainbows after the rain, the smile of a child... and i miss it while strumming my fingers thinking of what tomorrow holds.  How often do You try to get my attention with the beauty of a sunset or with the wind of Your Hand passing my face and i turn the other way?  The blessings of being Your child is sweetness enough to serve You daily.  I want to be a shining star for You and not a flaming arrow.

let's have a star-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment