Friday, May 11, 2012

move!

"A patient man/woman has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man/woman displays folly." Proverbs 14:29

Agitated, sweat glistened on my face, as i sat and stewed in my car.  For months, i'd dealt with after school drivers sitting parked in the driving lane -- blocking rightfully parked cars, including mine. Trying to back my car out was routinely met with blind acknowledgment. As a result, not only were they waiting for their student, so was i!  As the days and my tension grew, i knew something had to change.  And change it did. Did i have words with them?  No; God had words with me.  So, i changed from my regular parking spot to another one.

In the midst of a problem, do you also find it easy to zero in on your first, quick solution? Lord, you know how many times i thought about jumping out of my car, stomping to the car at my bumper and telling them they needed to move!  Luckily, You kept my steamy head intact and in the car  -- saving me from saying too much with a bitter tongue.  I am grateful i finally heard You say to me "move!"  Help me to always slow down in a heated moment, to clear my head, and to listen for Your voice.  I pray to make the right move... and with Your guidance, i can.

have an ear-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment