Friday, May 18, 2012

me first! I can!

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?'
And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!
'" Isaiah 6:8

In the realm of teachers, the chant is loud and resounding.  It’s the chant of the eager, the chant of the enthusiast… "me first!, pick me!, I want to!" Most times the shouts answer a response to a challenge or a chance to show their worth or ability.  But whatever the reason, there is more joy in trying, then fear in failing.

How about you?

When someone needs a listening ear...
When stale food is all that's left to eat...
When the pink slip is found in the envelope...
When a comforting hug is needed...
When the sickness doesn't heal...
When the physical abuse is obvious...
When the parent does not come home...
When the screams of anger won't stop...
When the homeless sits on the corner...
When the tears fall like rain...

When our Teacher looks down for an earthly helping hand, do you chant, “me first!, pick me!, I can!”?
May our joy in serving the Lord far exceed any fear of failure, mistake or embarrassment.

have a pick me-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment