Monday, May 14, 2012

may i have a Word with you, Mother?

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her... a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverb 31:28.30

Mother’s Day, how was yours?  Mixed emotions describe mine. Being with my daughter and husband was incredible, but i missed the company of my sons and my Mother.  I did get to hear the voices of my sons, but not the voice of Mother -- silence is not always golden. So, in the silence of the afternoon, i turned to my phone to played one of my favorite games, Words.  Advertising for the game popped up suggesting to start a game with mom.  If only i could.  To share Words with Mother would be heavenly... Words  of love, devotion, joy, praise, goodness, and thanks. I think it was the Words of prayer to God, i really needed.

Father, if only my arms were longer... i'd reach up to the heavens, hug Mother and whisper Words of thanks to her.  Please hug her for me, tell her i love her and Happy Mother's Day. May i live to bring her honor and You glory.  When that awkward and lonely silence strikes again, help me remember to turn to You first. You have the true Words of life for me.  Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me; be my help. You turned my wailing into dancing...and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever.

have a peace-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment