Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WHAM! up side the head... again

Jesus said...
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John 6:51

I never saw it coming, but i sure felt it. Intently searching for the MIA fish on the freezer’s bottom shelf, i was blindsided… WHAM!  A frozen loaf of bread came down from the very top shelf, "heel"-dived and hit me square on my forehead.  A little blood, a little knot and BIG embarrassment -- my attention instantly went up.  Bread… who would guess it could be  such an attention getter?

Lord,  my True Bread of Life, i know at times You have to bop me on my head to divert my attention and  focus back on You.  How easy it is to get distracted by my personal whims and wants, or to get caught up in frustrations and disappointments.  Help me remember at those times "i" am first in my thoughts, and not You.  I pray the hits from You come less frequently, as i celebrate Your unconditional love and grace to me each day.  May You always outweigh anything else in my life  -- I want to live for and with You.

Have a glory-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment