Wednesday, June 26, 2013

i'm sorry... BUT

"yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended... Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret..." 2 Corinthians 7:10

It's just three letters, but it possesses the power of an atom bomb. When detonated, it kills an apology.  But, I didn't like... but, you don't understand... but, I was hurting... but, you made me mad... but, but but.  The but wants to justify the harm.  It's like saying, I'm sorry, but not really.

Father, when I have afflicted someone and need to apologize, I want it to be sincere.  It's embarrassing to make mistakes or hurt someone, but it happens.  Accepting responsibility of our actions is needed.  Remove my pride and let true sorrow be present instead.  Only then does healing begin for all.

have a peace-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment