Friday, June 21, 2013

the painful lie

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.  You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." Psalm 71:20-21

She had lost her mother, and i wanted to comfort her, but i couldn't tell her time heals.  Anyone who has lost a loved one, or experienced a tragedy, know these words alone are a lie. Time on it's own, can be more harmful and destructive than healing.  How we spend our time determines the healing we receive.

Through prayer with God and reading His Word, we can find direction, strength and hope in dealing with hardships. Sharing and talking with others who have experienced similar pain also is comforting.  When i lost my mother, i found living my life in a way to honor her helpful.  It didn't bring her back physically, but it emotionally put her in a healthy, wonderful place in my heart. 

Are you hurting?  It's easy to stay in the pit of hurt or anger, but you don't have to. I pray in time with God, you allow Him to fill your heart with peace and guidance, as only He can.  

Times does not heal, Truth heals.  Thank You, Father.

have a truth-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment