Monday, June 24, 2013

tunnel vision

"My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only He will release my feet from the snare." Psalm 25:15

My mind was racing.  I was concerned about the health of family members, decisions my children were making, actions taken by my husband's employer, economic down turns.  The questions and concerns were exhausting.  And there was nothing i could do.  Or, so i thought.

Looking down on my canna lilies, i was reminded what i needed -- tunnel vision. 
The stamen nestled down deep in the wrap of the flower was secure and protected... i wanted to feel like that too. My head was filled with issues i had no control over, yet they were controlling and crippling me. I needed tunnel vision.  I needed to focus on God, and look to Him for guidance, strength and peace in my life.

Father, i want to be forever wrapped in Your Loving Arms.  I know it won't stop storms or hardships from coming into my life, but Your protection is perfect. You know exactly what is needed to grow and strengthen us in You.  Let my eyes and trust be on You always.

have a trust-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment