Monday, June 17, 2013

who will know?

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue 
you, Lord, know it completely."  Psalm 139:1-4


The kitchen looked clean and uncluttered... too uncluttered.  Soon we realized a kitchen stool was missing.  We made a thorough search of the house with no luck -- but hours later, looking in the back of a bedroom closet we did.  Embarrassed, he hid the broken stool, thinking we wouldn't miss it.

Is there something about your life troubling you?  God knows our secrets, our motives and even our thoughts.  We hold no surprises for Him. 

Father, it's embarrassing and humbling to acknowledge how well You know us.  But, it's also a relief.  You know us better than we do.  Thank You for not giving up on us, and thinking us worthy of pursuing, even when we mess up. Coming to You first when trouble arises is what we need to do. You are our Peace.

have a calm-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment